A 24 Hour Anonymous Reporting Hotline
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES
AACPS has comprehensive procedures for handling situations in which students report thoughts and actions related to suicide and self harm, including those that occur during the school day, after school hours, or through social media. These are provided in Administrative Regulation GAD-RA.
If you or someone you know is in imminent danger, please call 911 immediately. School system personnel do not monitor email or voice mail 24 hours a day, and emergency services personnel are the best resource in such emergencies. If necessary, these agencies will inform school officials of cases that apply to students in order to provide a more comprehensive support network to those who require it.
- Anne Arundel County Crisis Warmline
- 410-768-5522, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline
1-800-422-0009, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
1-800-273-8255, 24 hours a day. 7 days a week
En Espanol: 1-888-628-9454
- AACPS Student Safety Hotline
1-877-676-9854, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Crisis Text Line
Text 741741, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Find a School Counselor @ AACPS
- Chesapeake Life Center Grief and trauma support and education 1-888-501-7077
- Not My Child Prescription drug and heroin addiction local resources
Dealing with Grief
- Addressing Grief
- Care for Caregivers: Tips for Families and Educators
Talking with Young People
Parent Awareness Series: Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- "When a Child's Friend Dies by Suicide"