#BePresent - A Community/School Partnership
"Every Child You Pass in the Hall Has a Story That Needs to Be Heard. Maybe You Are the One to Hear It."
- Bethany Hill
Expectations & Guidelines while mentoring/volunteering
Anne Arundel County Public Schools depends on mentors and volunteers and values their contributions. Your willingness to serve the students and staff of the district is greatly appreciated! All mentoring/ volunteering relationships established through AACPS must take place with students on the school campus during school hours or at other authorized school activities only.
- Sign in and wear a name tag on school grounds at all times.
- Be sure your attire is neat, clean, comfortable and appropriate for the school setting.
- Share concerns regarding students with the school staff only.
- Turn your cell phone to vibrate while you are in the building and make personal calls or texts while performing your duties only in emergency situations.
- Be prompt and reliable.
- No smoking or tobacco is allowed on any AACPS property.
- No weapons allowed.
- No drugs or alcohol allowed.