#BePresent - A Community/School Partnership
"Every Child You Pass in the Hall Has a Story That Needs to Be Heard. Maybe You Are the One to Hear It."
- Bethany Hill
What Does it Take to be a Good Mentor/Volunteer?
- Receive the required training and information about sexual harassment and child abuse reporting policies.
- Abide by the school policy that states that mentors/volunteers will exercise reasonable care in protecting students from harm.
- Exhibit professional and appropriate relationships with students. Dating or having sexual relations with students is prohibited.
- Follow the direction and suggestions of school staff members.
- Photographing children during school hours is prohibited.
- Respect the privacy of teachers and students by not discussing school matters away from the school.
- Commit to working in a school to support and improve education for all students.
- Refer to the classroom teacher or an appropriate school staff member for final solution of any student problem which arises, whether of an instructional, medical or operational nature.
- Find ways to establish a good rapport with students.
- Accept each student and encourage them to be their best.
- Learn the names of the students and use them often.
- Respect the roles of the teachers and administrators
- Cooperate with others. A spirit of teamwork is essential to getting things done.
- Follow policies, rules, and regulations.
- Be patient.
- Be kind.
- Be positive.
- Have fun!