Our strength as a school comes from the relationships we build throughout our community. That includes our students, staff, parents, family members, and community partners.
Together, we are making MADE 2020-2021
an AACPS Awesome school year!
Congratulations to our 5th graders as they head off to middle school and to all our students, parents, families and staff for making it through a year of challenges and adventures!
Have a GREAT SUMMER!
What makes summer better than KONA ICE?! Go to https://app.konaicepay.com/ to order "kurbside" delivery for Wednesday, June 30.
- Under "Location notes" search "Odenton."
- Select delivery during the 12:30-3:30 or 5-7pm routes.
- Pick out your cups, enter their payment info and home address, and done!
- When they arrive, you’ll just need to run out and choose your flavors!
**There is a $12 order minimum, and 15% of pre-order sales only will be given back to OES.**
Kindergarten Online Registration Starts April 7!
Online registration for children who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2021 opens Wednesday, April 7, 2021. Due to health and safety restrictions, AACPS is not accepting walk-in Kindergarten registrations at this time. Please click on the links below for information on how to enroll your child for the 2021-2022 school year.
AACPS Enrollment Information (English and Spanish)
Odenton ES Enrollment Letter (English and Spanish)
Please call Odentowho n Elementary School at 410-222-6514, go to www.aacps.org/enrollment, or scan the QR code below for more information.
AACPS Statement Regarding Hatred Against Asian Americans (English and Spanish)
In light of the increasing acts of hatred against Asian Americans across the country, Odenton Elementary stands with Board of Education President Ellis and Superintendent Arlotto in condemning any form of bias or violence against Asian American members of our community, as we condemn all forms of bias and violence. Please click the link below to read the joint statement by President Ellis and Dr. Arlotto in English or Spanish.
SPRING 2021 HYBRID SCHEDULE for ALL GRADES:
Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri schedule .
MEALS FOR HYBRID STUDENTS
HYBRID RETURN-TO-SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS:
- Wear a properly fitting mask over nose and mouth at all times (except when eating), including at bus stops, on school buses and at recess. Neck gaiters are not acceptable substitutes for face masks.
- Bring a personal water bottle. This can be refilled at school.
- Please follow directions to maintain a social distance of 6 feet throughout the day.
- Carefully wash your hands after touching common-area surfaces such as doors or bathroom fixtures.
- Please check your child's temperature daily before they leave for school. If your child’s temperature is 100.4°F/38°C or higher, they must not attend school.
- Please keep your child at home and notify the school immediately if they have any 2 of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, chills or shaking, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose.
- Any child who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 must not come to school without advice from the county health department.
Your cooperation will help us keep school safe and open. Thank you!
VIRTUAL LEARNING INFORMATION:
STUDENT VIDEO RECORDING SURVEY: Please complete the survey HERE to grant or deny permission for your child to be recorded during video-recorded lessons on Google Meet.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES: For the 2020-2021 school year, AACPS is providing Pre-K through 5th-grade students with all the supplies needed to start the year. You can find lists of the supplies in English and Spanish HERE. The county has also issued math books for all K-5 students. If you have not picked up your child's supplies, please call the office at 410-222-6514.
MEALS DISTRIBUTION: During the 2020-2021 school year, all children ages 2-18 can receive free breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack at any of the county's 127 meals distribution sites--including Odenton Elementary--free of charge. The sites can be found at aacps.org/mealpickup.
It is still important for families who qualify for free or reduced price meals to complete the Meal Benefit Application at aacps.org/mealapplication as soon as possible.
Read here for a message from our PTA!
2020-2021 PTA Membership is now OPEN! Go to MemberHub to purchase your membership for only $4.34. As an OES PTA member, you automatically become a member of Maryland PTA, and you can sign up for Membership Benefits, including rewards, discounts and other perks.
Check out the PTA's FAQ page for answers to questions about what PTA can do for your child, our school and our community.
Summer Office Hours:
8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Monday - ThursdaySUMMER 4-DAY WORK WEEK:From June 23-August 17, 2021, all AACPS buildings will be closed on Fridays. The 4th of July holiday will be observed on Monday, July 5, 2021.
Online School Payments
Pay online for school items, fees, and activities with Visa or Mastercard
About Our School
School Motto: Full Steam Ahead
School Mascot: Train
School Colors: Royal Blue and White
“Building a foundation for a lifetime of learning.”
NON-DISCRIMINATION NOTICE - NOTICE OF POLICY @ AACPS
Anne Arundel County Public Schools prohibits discrimination in its educational programs, and in employment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or disability.
This prohibition pertains to enrollment in courses and program offerings, participation in school-sponsored activities, hiring, promotion, compensation, job classification, assignment, and all other functions and activities of the school system affecting either its student population or its employees.
For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, please use the contact information on the right.